As managing director of Riveron’s Accounting Advisory practice in Southern California, Stephen is responsible for building Riveron’s brand throughout Los Angeles and Orange County and supporting clients to reach their business objectives.
Stephen brings over 30 years of experience, he has spent 20 years as a Partner in public accounting and another 10 years as the Chief Financial Officer for two SEC registrants and the Chief Credit Officer for a Fortune 500 brokerage firm.
During his tenure in public accounting, Stephen worked with clients from both national and international backgrounds, providing expertise in finance, accounting, treasury/capital management, IPOs, and regulatory compliance. In his c-level experience, he skillfully led mergers and acquisitions, capital raises, and digitally transformed/automated essential business functions.
Stephen lives in Southern California with his wife, Tanya, and daughter, Sydney.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science in Commerce & Business Administration, University of Alabama
- Certification in ESG, UC Berkeley Law
- Certifications in Digital Strategies for Business and in Crisis Leadership, Columbia Business School
- Certifications in Negotiation and in Disruptive Strategy, Harvard Business School
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- 2007 40-Under-40 Award – The San Fernando Valley Business Journal in Los Angeles
- 2008 40-Under-40 Award – The Pacific Coast Business Times and recognized by the California State Senate and the California Legislature Assembly
- 2009 CFO of the Year Award – The Pacific Coast Business Times for role at Pacific Capital Bancorp