Riveron Consulting, LLC, including its immediate parents, operating affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, the “Company”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the confidentiality and privacy of any personal information we collect from you. This policy describes how we use, protect and disclose the personal information we may collect from you when you visit our website, www.riveron.com, or any others that link to this policy (our “Website”), b) utilize any of our associated business, restructuring and financial advisory services (collectively, the “Services”), or c) interact with the Company through electronic means.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and Services, including:
- Information by which companies or individuals may be personally identified, through name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, IP address, transaction data, tax identification number, educational or health information, commercial information or any other information that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law (“personal information”); and
- professional and employment-related information and profile information, such as preferences and characteristics; and
- internet activity information, such as the equipment you use to access our Website and the Services, connection information, search history and usage details.
We collect this information through various means, including:
- As a client of the Company, you may have entered into an agreement with us that governs the relationship between you and the Company and the Services we provide to you (“Engagement Letter”) pursuant to which you provide personal information or other information. If any provision in your Engagement Letter conflicts with any provision in this policy, the provision in your Engagement Letter will control.
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, through filling in forms, accessing our Website or applying for employment (see Information You Provide to Us).
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website (see Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies).
- From third parties, for example, our business partners or other users of the Website or the Services.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website or through the Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, or via e-mail, text or other electronic messages. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or the Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses) if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website or the Services.
- Your search queries on the Website.
In addition, we also may collect information for the purpose of maintaining our client relationship with you and performing Services, which include:
- Client onboarding and other ongoing activities that are part of our Services.
- Conducting verification and background checks as part of our business acceptance and conflict check process.
- Managing our financial transactions with you.
- Complying with our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations.
- Fulfilling any other purpose described in our Engagement Letter with you.
Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, or as you use the Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Usage Details. When you access the Website, we may automatically collect certain details of your access, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, as well as your mobile device, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. We may access metadata and other information associated with files stored on your device. This may include photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
- Location Information. The Website may collect real-time information about the location of your device.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a more personalized service by recognizing you when you return to the Website. If you do not want us to collect this information, do not access the Website or use the Services. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies and Web Beacons. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or flash cookies and web beacons) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for flash cookies and web beacons, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and Services, and its/their contents to you.
- To provide you with information or Services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any Services we offer or provide through it.
- For employment purposes.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
If you do not want us to use your information in any of these ways, please see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this policy:
- To our parents, subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held about our Website or Services is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, subpoena, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply any agreements with you, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with law enforcement or other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Cross Border Transfer
Riveron is located in the United States. Unless necessary and legally permissible, we do not transfer your data outside of the United States.
If you are an individual located in the European Union or the European Economic Area (collectively, “EU/EEA”), we are committed to protecting your personal information through our compliance with EU/EEA data protection legislation which comprises of The General Data Protection Regulation (No 2016/679/EU) which came into force on 25 May 2018 (“GDPR”), Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive 2002/58/EC and other relevant law as will be updated when required (“Data Protection Legislation”). If you are entitled to privacy rights under the GDPR or the other Data Protection Legislation, you are entitled to access your personal information, you have a right to request that we rectify inaccurate or incomplete data, you have a right to request erasure of your data, you are entitled to object to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to receive your data in a portable format, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time when we process your information based on your consent and you have a right to lodge a complaint with any applicable EU/EEA member state.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Purposes. If you do not want us to share your personal information with any third parties, or you want to opt-out of receiving promotional or marketing materials you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to [email protected]
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law provides you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information, including the right to: (i) access your personal information; and (ii) obtain deletion of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit www.riveron.com/privacy-notice-for-california/.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)
The U.S. federal Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act (“COPPA”) regulates online collection of information from persons under the age of 13. It is our policy to refrain from knowingly collecting or maintaining personally identifiable data relating to any person under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, please do not supply any personally identifiable data through this website.
Data Security and Storage
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All data is stored on cloud-based servers that are outsourced. All data is backed up using normal and customary security measures. However, no method of storage is guaranteed to be permanent or immune from unforeseen events. Therefore, you should always maintain a backup of your information in a separate, secured location.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping these passwords confidential. We ask you not to share your passwords with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or via e-mail. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
To ask questions or comment about this policy and our privacy practices, to change consents or to retrieve access to your information, contact us at:
Riveron Consulting, LLC
2515 McKinney Ave, Suite 1200
Dallas, TX 75201
Last modified: June 21, 2021