Corporate Development’s 2023 Deal Outlook
Contending with economic uncertainties and complex unfolding trends, corporate development professionals indicate a persistent—if pragmatic —optimism in their deal outlook for 2023.
Despite economic uncertainty, optimism persists. As an outlook of what’s to come in 2023, The Corporate Development Officer (CDO) Forum and Riveron partnered again to ask CDOs across the country for their predictions of what trends will affect the deal market and what pain points they will continue to grapple with in 2023.
PLAN TO DO THE SAME
OR MORE DEALS IN 2023
LOOK TO DIVEST IN 2023
- Deal appetite continues despite dynamic valuations and borrowing costs
- An increase in divestitures is on the horizon
- Protecting value by solving the culture-fit dilemma
- ESG is currently sidelined, but that trend will change
- At the core, it’s about relationships
Access the full study results
The study is based on a survey administered in Q4 2022 to CDOs across the country. Questions for the survey were created by CDO Forum members – by CDOs for CDOs. Riveron, in partnership with the CDO forum, was responsible for survey administration and reporting. All responses are anonymous, have been held in the strictest confidence, and are generally reported within this survey.